Recently I found a video on the web demonstrating a simple system sending push notifications to your iPhone whenever the mailman has delivered your post.
As a part of their “Internet of Things” series ReadWriteWeb came up with an article describing how Make Magazine built the system using an Arduino. This is a nice way of using this technology. In the following you can see the video demonstrating the system.
I definitely have to try out an Arduino as soon as possible. Anybody interested in hacking up an Arduino project?
- Physical Mailbox Sends Push Notifications to iPhone (macstories.net)
- iPhone receives push notifications from real-world mailbox (tuaw.com)
- You’ve Got Mail: How To Internet Enable Your Mailbox (readwriteweb.com)
- This Week in Internet of Things: 11 More Days Until IPv4 Addresses Run Out (readwriteweb.com)
- Arduino-Based Snail Mail Alert for Your Smartphone (hacknmod.com)