US President Obama enforces the use of Semantic Web Technologies. David Peterson posted on SitePoint the follwing:
In a revolutionary move, Obama’s administration is set to utilise next generation web technologies to bring an unprecedented level of transparency to government. In this case it will shed light on how the roughly US $800 billion dollar economic stimulus will be spent. The recently launched recovery.gov website (powered by nothing other then Drupal) brought with it the promise that citizens would be able to view where the money was going and how it was going to be spent.
To enable the citizen masher to do their wizardry, the administration will be opening up a veritable candy store of goodies: Semantic Web, RDF, Linked Data, SPARQL, RDFa, SIOC, ATOM, RESTful APIs, JSON, Widgets, Wikis, XForms, P2P Networks. Wow. They only forgot the lions and tigers and bears oh my… This is an unbelievable stack of technology. I didn’t think the government even knew what an RSS feed was
This is a great step forward for Semantic Web Technologies. Gaining broader attention will force other administrations as well to make use of Semantic Web Technologies. One really great and interesting facette of Semantic Web is Linking Open Data.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Obama’s admin. is set to utilise next generation web technologies to bring an unprecedented level of transparency to government (allthingsreform.org)
- Tales from the SIOC-o-sphere part #9 (johnbreslin.com)
- Laying the Foundation of a Semantic Web Application (devx.com)
- LIBRIS – Linked Library Data (blogs.talis.com)
- Technology trends and the Semantic Web (heyjude.wordpress.com)
- President Obama Promises to Bring Transparency to the White House (marketingpilgrim.com)
Like this post? Tip me with bitcoin!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Each post gets its own unique Bitcoin address so by tipping you're not only making my continued efforts possible but telling me what you liked.